Ravil is a founder of Kassilgov & Partners LLP. His experience from 2006 in serving numerous clients on legal matters in Kazakhstan can be summaries as follows:
- represented corporate clients in disputes in the courts of all levels, as well as in international arbitrations;
- saved more than $ 70 mln. in corporate, tax and commercial disputes;
- collected debts for more than $ 3 mln. through litigation, arbitration and pretrial negotiations;
- prepared, reviewed and negotiated contracts for more than $ 250 mln.;
- prepared hundreds of legal opinions and memorandums on legal issues;
- assisted in establishing, operating and restructuring of businesses in Kazakhstan to multiple investors from United States, United Kingdom, Finland, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Poland, Latvia, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Japan, South Korea, China, Kyrgyzstan and elsewhere.
- Acted as an expert on Kazakhstan contract law in the International Chamber of Commerce arbitration proceedings, London.
- Represented an oil joint venture in a US$70 million tax and ecological dispute.
- Represented a US manufacturer of original medicine in a data protection dispute.
- Represented major local universities in corporate disputes.
- Represented a real estate developer in a court dispute over demolistion of a newly constructed business-class residential complex.
- Represented a client in Kazakhstan International Arbitration in a US$1 million dispute.
- Represented foreign hedge funds in disputes with a major local commercial bank in connection with violation of stockholders' rights.
- Represented a branch of US catering company in litigations related to labour issues, sanitary and anti-fire regulations.
Kazakh Humanitarian and Law University, Bachelor of Law (with honours), 2007
Jurisprudence Academy “Adilet” (Caspian Social University), Master of Law (with honours), 2009
University of Nottingham, England, LLM in International Commercial Law (with distinction), 2010
Russian, Kazakh, English